Sunday, March 2, 2008

cards cards and more cards!!!!

this first card is for Jen's SFYTT seen here on her blog http://www.iheart2stamp.com/ this was a fun sketch there were so many things I could have done with this sketch but it being Dr. Seuss's birth day, I went with one fish two fish red fish blue fish in his honor! I used the spring break DP from SU! along with soft sky, old olive, and pumpkin pie. I also used SS white CS there is a lot of sewing on this card and if I had it to do over I would tone that part down a bit!!!!! the ink is ruby red, soft sky, old olive, and pumpkin pie and the only other embellishment is the SU! ribbon!!!! I showed this to my DH and he did not get it them he told me he had never heard the story!!! man that rock had to be really heavy to be the only living person on earth that has not heard tone fish two fish!!!!
the stamp is from Bye sea from SU!

This card is for Beate's WSC seen on her blog http://beate.blogs.splitcoaststampers.com/ this one gave me a little trouble I was going to use the bird on a limb hostess set from SU! then I had seen that MJ Albright already had and then I just could not get her card out of my head so it would have been more of a CASE!!! so I let jasmine pick the set I should use and she picked this one, together forever also from SU! and then I also used sanded and french script BG stamps, and mixed messages from PTI. The colors are aqua mist and wild wasabi the is a scrap that I had left from Basicgrey and some SS white CS and so many embellishment that I will just let you pick them all out rather than list them all ( my hiny is falling asleep sitting here)!!!!
this card is for IC117 and I HATED the IC pic I truly felt sorry for the person that had to stay in that icey looking room and I also really dislike making sympathy cards so I made this as a joke for the pore sucker that pays to stay at that bed a breakfast poor guy!!!

the stamps used are essence of love from the occasions mini loved this set when I first saw it now I am kind of stuck!!! Oh well that happens!! the only color used was bordering blue and white and the sympathy stamp is again from mixed messages, I do don't know what I would do with out this set You simply have to have it!!!!

and this is one of many mothers day cards that I will make I have had many of my friend already ask about mothers day cards and I love to make them!!!

now my mom seems to be drawn to the beauty in the simple thing so this was made with her in mind and most of them will be pretty simple. most mom's I think just want to be told that they are loved and that is enough!!!! I know it is for me!!!

I used women of life and essence of love stamps groovy guava CS and Ink also true Thyme Ink and SS white CS
I put that beautiful ribbon on there some simple stitching and the afternoon tea DP center of the flower then I had to walk away or it was going to get crazy!!!!

TFL! :D

10 comments:

Kim said...

wow! Productive weekend! I love them all.

Anonymous said...

OMG!! These are all absolutely stunning!!!! Thx for playing!

Julie Hunt said...

I don't think I've ever seen a card you have made that I don't like! Your amazing! I can see you like to sew all your cards... what do you use? Anyone who recieves your cards should feel special and blessed.

Anonymous said...

I love them all....Please more, more,...:-) Absolutely gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Sarah,
You have a real gift! Iam glad I discovered your blog! I enjoy coming here!! You are not that far away from me,I live in Yorktown,Virginia!!
I love these cards! Go Navy! Elizabeth Glass

kat said...

WOW! You've been busy! What a lovely assortment you made, too! I love your work and I'm so envious of your sewing skills. I've sewn for 50 years but probably could not get my seems so beautiful and straight! Wonderful! How do you do it?

Anonymous said...

Wow! So many amazing cards! I love them all!
Hugs and smiles

Tara said...

absolutely gorgeous cards!!!
btw...your kids are darling!!

Shelly said...

These cards are gorgeous! Colors are perfect and I love the layouts and stitching!

Unknown said...

I adore these cards! You have so much talent, it's amazing! Thanks so much for sharing these with us. You are such an inspiration (obviously since you have been picked for the SCS challenge) :D!